Followers

Monday, August 3, 2009

37 weeks...HOW MUCH LONGER?!

Well, we finally made it to 37 weeks and Connor is finally fully developed! I never thought I'd make it to this point and can't believe how blessed Jason and I are! We had a doctor's appointment on 7/29 and found out that I went from being "totally closed" to 1.5 cm dilated and 80% effaced in just 5 days. Dr. Samuel told me he was very confident that I would naturally go into labor very soon, which was great news! My blood pressure was a bit higher (116/60) and I've officially gained 27 pounds now! Connor's heart rate was accelerated at the appointment and after monitoring it in the office for about an hour (where it was measuring at 160, 164, and 167 bpm) they decided to send me over to my favorite place (NOT) Labor and Delivery, to sit on the monitors for a few hours. Connor's heart rate returned to normal after a little while and we were released. Since that time I've been at home waiting and waiting :) Jason and I got to attend our 2 bar-b-ques this weekend that we were really looking forward to and are now as ready as we've ever been for this little guy to make his appearance into the world! I have had lots of new symptoms over the last 5 days and feel that Dr. Samuel is right and Connor is on his way! I am now officially on maternity leave and trying my best to rest and prepare for the life changing events that are about to unfold! We have our next doctor's appointment with Dr. Samuel on Friday, 8/7, where we will have an ultrasound to again see how big Connor is so that Dr. Samuel can decide the best "route to take" :) Here are some pictures from this week that my good friend, misty, took when she came to visit on Friday!


We hope you all have a great week and we will have some exciting posts soon!
Love,
The Ratliffs

No comments: