Followers

Sunday, July 26, 2009

36 Weeks...and Exhausted!

Hello Everyone!
I am 36 weeks pregnant as of today! I know I say this every week, but I cannot believe it's already been 36 weeks! Connor is doing great - as evidenced by his CONSTANT squirming, wiggling, and kicking! He's such a good boy! Jason and I thank God every day for blessing us with this miracle. I have been feeling pretty miserable lately and have NOT been pleasant to be around, poor Jason! Luckily, I have the best husband in the world, who suggested going to the pool and floating, which takes a LOT of pressure off of me and is WONDERFUL! We went almost every night last week! I had a doctor's appointment on 7/24, with my actual doctor, Dr. Samuel. He had reviewed the sonograms regarding Connor's size and told me that he wanted to do another sonogram at 37 weeks to find out if Connor was simply having a growth spurt when I had those other sonograms. He told me that fetuses have growth spurts like babies do, and that he could still be a good size and not as large as we think. He also informed me that sonograms are less accurate as pregnancies progress. Dr. Samuel told me that I have not yet begun to dilate and that he recommends that we try a natural birth, unless I get to 38/39 weeks and I still have not begun to dilate. Jason and I felt much better after talking to Dr. Samuel! I have to go back to see him again on 7/29. I have also decided that I will stop working at all of my jobs on 8/1 and am very excited to be able to relax, away from the stress I have been under! Here are some pictures from this week...notice that we now have the shelf up above the dresser and Connor's pictures are up, thanks to Jason's stepfather, Greg!

Did I mention that I have been VORACIOUSLY hungry this week? WOW!

Greg putting up the new shelf for Connor!

We hope you all have a great week! Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we continue to prepare for Connor's arrival!

Love,
The Ratliffs

No comments: