Followers

Sunday, July 19, 2009

35 Weeks!

Well, we've made it to 35 weeks! Can't believe that we'll have Connor in the next 4 weeks, unless he decides to come sooner on his own! I could not be more ready! I have packed and repacked our hospital suitcase and Connor's diaper bag and everything is ready in our room for him as well as in his own room. Jason has been taking care of the yard and stuff outside - I think even he's nesting. He planted our very first garden (which only has 1 tomato plant, but hey - you gotta start somewhere) and is preparing to clean the gutters, trim the hedges, and pressure wash the porch next weekend. What a great Daddy he is already! This week we have to go to the doctor on Friday morning to discuss a c-section delivery on week 39 - should be exciting! I am not positive, but I think that Connor has "dropped" as I am able to breath much easier now and I feel a lot more pressure in my lower abdomen and pelvis now. This definitely has it's positives and negatives (some of which include having to go to the bathroom 6 or 7 times some nights). I am feeling exhausted a lot of the time now, despite my hot tea that keeps me going :) I actually spent all day Sunday, sleeping, which is SOOO unlike me right now when I have list after list to complete in preparation for Connor's arrival! Here are some pictures from week 35!



Yes, we all know "it's" huge! It's very heavy too! Connor continues to wiggle and stretch all around and I realized he becomes terrified when I am able to grab his foot that sticks out of my stomach. I did this once and he immediately yanked it back and gave me a HARD kick. Poor guy - I didn't mean to traumatize him - just thought if it was sticking out of my stomach an inch, it was mine to grab! :)
Have a great week and please keep us in your prayers as we near the end of this pregnancy and finalize our preparations to welcome our Connor into the world!
Hugs,
The Ratliffs

No comments: