Followers

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Connor's 1st Big Hike!

Today, Jason and Connor and I took a little trip to Linville, NC, to hike the falls!  We were originally going to Mt. Mitchell, but the weather was looking worse and worse as we were getting close, so we decided to take a detour!  And what a great idea that was!  We had a fantastic time!  I am so grateful that we decided to pack a lunch and bring the hiking pack that The Snider's gave us when I was pregnant!  We had a wonderful time!  Check out the pictures...

This is Jason and Connor at the Linville Falls picnic area, after we had lunch!


Our little family at the picnic area!


Connor, dancing on a big tree stump with Mommy!


Daddy and Connor, in deep thought!


Connor's 1st time in the hiking pack!  Headed to see the falls!



Enjoying the scenery!


At the top of the falls with his Daddy!


Mommy and Connor


Sharing a happy moment with my Boogies!


Our happy family at the falls!


He still wants to take back my Mother's Day gift - he LOVES it!



Ready to go for a hike with Mommy to the top!


Our little hiking Boogies!  He LOVED the hike!


Hiking with my little angel - I like to call this one, "My dream come true!"


At the very top - see the bottom falls, below us?!


Shew, we were HIGH up - good thing Jason and I work out every day - I don't know how else we would have been able to tote Connor all that way - it was a pretty steep hike!


Taking a rest at the top!


Oh if this boy only knew how much I love him!


Daddy and Connor at the top...gettin' ready to head back down!  Have to tell you what happened right after this picture...we realized that SOMEONE took a poop on the hike up to the top (wonder who?!)  Anyway - since we had a tiny little area up there and no where to change the boy for a WHILE, we had to make due.  So Jason held Connor while I performed a McGuiver move and quickly changed his diaper, in mid-air!  It was miraculous and VERY needed!  Strangest place I've ever changed a diaper, so far :)



"Mommy, please don't drop me!"


Headed back down again, with Daddy!



My 2 favorite hikers!


xoxoxo

No comments: