Followers

Monday, June 22, 2009

31 Weeks and Baby Shower!

Hello Everyone!
Jason and I had a VERY busy weekend and LOTS of pictures to post! My good friends in my Sunday School class threw a baby shower for me on Sunday, 6/21! It was a WONDERFUL time and I feel so fortunate to have made such wonderful friends and gained such FABULOUS family members in Tennessee in the short time that I have lived here! Jason and I were so excited about all of the generous gifts that we were given that neither of us slept Sunday night! While I was at the shower, Jason's dad and brother, Nick, came to our house and helped Jason put up baseboards in the nursery. To my GREAT surprise, they also installed a BRAND NEW CEILING FAN for me in our bedroom. For those of you who didn't know - I HATED the fan in our bedroom because we could not get the fan to stay on when the lights were not on so I made Jason remove the light bulbs from the old fan. So we had NO light in our bedroom. Being that we are so concerned with getting things ready for Connor's arrival, we did not take the time or have the money to replace the ceiling fan right now. Well, Jason's dad decided to replace it for us!!!! He bought us a BEAUTIFUL new fan with lots of lights and different light settings that I can control with a REMOTE from bed!!! That's high living, friends! Jason and I are thrilled with the new fan - oh and the baseboards are awesome too! We are so blessed to have such loving and generous family members! On to the pictures...
This is my 31 week picture...


The shower was at my friend, Jennifer Clements', house. This was a picture of the food table with the awesome diaper cake that my Aunt Suz made for me!

Here is one view of the room (I couldn't get everyone in the picture and tried to get a couple shots of various angles of the room)...here from the left we have Melena (Dr. Ladd's daughter), Dr. Ladd, Rachel, Mamaw, My mother-in-law Vickie, and the back of Jennifer :) Oh, and that's Jennifer's helper, next to Melena - her name is Maggie :)

These are the awesome goodies that Jennifer made for all of our guests!

From the left again, that's the side of my good friend, Alanna, and that's Sarah Kate in the back, Angela, and Amanda
That is Alex and her son, Parker, who will possibly be one of Connor's only male friends since all of my pregnant friends seem to be having baby girls :) and again, Melena, Dr. Ladd, and Rachel

There is Mamaw and Vickie and the side of Megan

Alanna, Crystal, Laura and Sarah Kate in the back, and Angela

Ok - let the presents begin. I could not possibly post all of the pictures because there were SOOO many gifts, but I picked just a few...so enjoy :)
This is an adorable little outfit from Mamaw...I can see the pictures now!

My nursing pillow! I feel this will be put to VERY good use, immediately upon Connor's arrival!

This is from Kendra, who I work with from the Dalton, GA office of Compass Care - so sweet of her to send us gifts! This is a plate that says "For this child we prayed" - beautiful! (Jason teared up when he saw this one!)

Cute little monkey outfit from Nana!

This is a beautiful sweater, knitted for Connor by an 88 year old woman who is friends of Jason's dad and Vickie! I LOVE knitted gifts!!!

This is a blanket made by the same sweet woman!

Part of our bedding set from Ashley and Phillip!

My friend, Amanda, made us this sign for Connor's Door! LOVE LOVE LOVE handmade gifts!

I bet none of you ever got a first bike for your baby before he was born! Dr. Ladd is amazing! She actually wrapped the ENTIRE bike! Jason was SUPER excited about this gift since riding his bike was so important to him as a child! Can't wait till his legs are long enough and we can take this on the VA Creeper Trail!!!!

This is for kneeling by the side of the tub to give little Connor a bath! Thanks to all of you, we will have a SQUEAKY CLEAN BABY for sure!!!

An adorable little monkey outfit!

Lots of goodies from my mother in law, Vickie!

An ADORABLE pair of overalls from Pat and Brittney!

Lots of goodies from my mother in law Jo!

Like I said, I didn't have time to post all of the pictures - we got a lot more stuff - but you get the gist of it! Here is a picture of my friend, Alanna, and I (she's 14 weeks pregnant)!!

And finally, here's a picture of Jo, me, and Brittany!
I'm pooped just looking back through these pictures! Jason and I hope you all have a wonderful week! No doctor's updates this week because I FINALLY get a week off! WOO HOO!
Love,
The Ratliffs

No comments: