Followers

Sunday, June 14, 2009

30 Weeks...The Countdown Begins!

Wow - I have made it to 30 weeks! EEKS! Only 7 more weeks until Connor is healthy enough to enter the world and 10 more till my due date of August 25, 2009!!!

Jason and I had an exciting week! I had my 4 hour GTT test on Tuesday, which was NO FUN. However, I got the call on Thursday morning that my results were negative and I was not at risk for Gestational Diabetes! What a blessing and HUGE relief! This week we have our 4D ultrasound on Tuesday and are SUPER excited to see our little man again!
On Wednesday, June 10th, our very good friends, Misty and Rob (Spangler, not Booke :) gave birth to their precious baby girl, Maelen Elizabeth! Maelen is such a miracle and so beautiful! I wanted to share a picture of Maelen with you all. Welcome to the world, Maelen! You have already blessed so many people and have, yourself, been blessed with wonderful parents! We love you!

Jason and I had some maternity pictures taken on Friday, June 12th! Since the above mentioned Misty and Rob are our trusted photographers...we had to go a different direction for the maternity shoot :) The pictures turned out great...here are a few of the best ones...


On Saturday, Jason and I spent the day getting stuff to prepare the nursery. We found curtain rods and hung our valences. We also cleaned out the nightmare of a closet in Connor's room. Although we had planned on adding a large organizer, we did not find one we liked and decided that the closet was spacious and fit as it was and only added some organizing bins that will be used for his blankets and various other things as well as his toys. Here are some pictures of his newly cleaned closet and his new valences!





I am happy to say that the only things left to do in the nursery are to add the baseboards, buy a throw rug, and paint and hang the letters of his name! Lucky for us, Jason's dad is wonderful and has EVERYTHING! He is going to lend us a miter saw and a nail gun so we can put up the baseboards. We even called him about painting the baseboards and he was able to direct us to the best wood stain and even the color to get over the phone, without having seen the room yet! As for the throw rug, Suz and I are working on that one as well as how to best and most creatively do Connor's name! Then we just have to buy our bedding and we are DONE and ready for Connor's entry into the world! Let me again say, we are so blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives and truly appreciate each and every one of you!
And finally, here are our 30 week pictures!


We hope you all have a great week and will be posting our 4D pictures SOON!
Hugs,
The Ratliffs

No comments: