Followers

Monday, May 25, 2009

Jason and I had a very exciting weekend with my parents and my Aunt Suz in town! We were not able to do very much, unfortunately, due to my contractions, but we had a fantastic time, despite being home bound, and really enjoyed every second we could spend with my family! For those of you who do not know, last Tuesday, Dr. Looney put me on 5 mg of Terbutaline, as needed, which is used to stop my contractions because they found out that I am 20% effaced now. This means that my cervix is thinning out, prematurely. So far I have taken the medication about twice a day and have had to cancel any trips I had planned, even if they were only an hour away. I go back to the doctor on Wednesday, 5/27, to find out if the medication is working. The good news is that Connor is more active than EVER now - and I love every second of it. Ok - enough talking...enjoy the pictures!
On Friday night, we had my parents and Suz, as well as Jason's mother and Greg, Granny, and our good friends Misty and Rob over to the house for a cookout and a "pre-shower" since they would not be able to attend my shower in June. These are some pictures from grilling out.

Me and Misty and our big bellies!
Jason, being silly!
Me and Suzie
My mom and I
Jason AKA The Grill Master!
Rob, chillin' on the porch!
Dad and Greg, relaxing!
Misty and I with the AMAZING diaper cake that Suz made for my shower!
Some of the guys on the porch!
Around the dinner table!
The other half of the dinner table
The BEST monkey cake I have EVER seen! Made by my Suzie for Connor!
Decoration that my Dad made for Connor!
Me and Suz with the diaper cake!
Opening presents after dinner!





Can you tell we're decorating his nursery in brown and green and monkeys?!


Jason and Dad putting together Connor's gifts from Misty and her mom and Nana!
Ta Da!!! Our awesome bouncy seat and swing!
Lunch with Jason's mom and Granny!

Diablo and one of Connor's toys that looks like him!
Dad, being silly!
27 weeks ALREADY!!!!! Can you believe it!
Oh, Jason!
Me and my parents with some of Connor's monkeys!
Jason and I with some of the monkeys!
My hands are full!
Mom and Suz and I in the nursery which we worked on and got very organized!
Dad and I with our bellies...at least I have an excuse!
Some of Connor's gifts - look at all those blankets! (we don't have his mattress yet) :)

We are so appreciative for all the generous gifts we've received! Thank you all for making this such a fantastic weekend! We'll keep you posted so check back for updates!

Love,
The Ratliffs

No comments: