Followers

Monday, May 18, 2009

26 weeks and counting!

This week was a little tough. I have still been having a lot of contractions and as of Wednesday, decided to move my work stuff (laptop, phones, planner, and files) to the couch. I never would have thought that simply working from my home desk would cause me so many contractions, however working from the couch and laying down as often as possible is definatly the key! This weekend was also a little difficult because Jason went to Atlanta with his friend, Blake, and I was by myself. For his birthday, Jason's mother gave us Braves' tickets and tickets to see Coldplay in concert (something that I was REALLY looking forward to). However, since all of the contraction issues, I talked to my doctor who strongly advised that I not take the 5 hour trip to Atlanta and risk contractions. SO, alas, Jason and Blake went on the trip and I stayed home, on the couch, with my son and my kitties! I got the catch up on lots of good movies and had a really quiet weekend. Unfortunately, my contractions got worse starting Saturday night (SOOOO glad I was not in Atlanta at the time) and now I'll be going to see the doctor tomorrow to be sure that everything is still okay and Connor is staying put for at least another 11 weeks!
The great news is that Connor is as active as ever and as much as my ligaments and back are hurting now, he seems to delight in kicking me right where it's most painful! I'll get him one day - just wait till he's born and I get to tickle him! HA!
Anyway - here are some pictures from week 26! Jason and I are super excited because my parents and my Aunt Suz are coming to visit on Thursday and staying until Monday! WOO HOO! So we should have lots of pictures from this weekend...if only I can stay off the couch!
Have a great week and please remember us in prayer!
Love,
The Ratliffs

No comments: