Followers

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Wonderful Friends

I wanted to share with you all what wonderful friends Jason and I have. Some of you remember my friends, Dee and George, also know as "The Galamade's," from my days waiting tables at Ballyhoo while I was living in Gainesville, attending UF. For those of you who don't know the story, Dee and George were my regular customers - every Friday night for a couple of months before becoming two very close friends! We became closer and closer and I can't tell you how much I looked forward to their weekly "visits" to Ballyhoo each Friday before they went to the movies! Pretty soon I was out boating with Dee and George and their children and grandchildren... drinking sangria, and riding jet skis all day! They are two of the most genuinely wonderful people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Well, I told you all that to tell you this...tonight, Jason and I received a package at our door, after a very rough and trying week. When we opened it, it was, to our surprise, a present for our very first anniversary (coming up on 11/17). But it was not just any ordinary present - they had made us a wooden plaque wherein they placed our wedding invitation as well as our favors and a little Irish blessing that we placed at each guest's place setting. I have to tell you all, it blew us away! What a thoughtful and wonderful gift. Once again. If you don't already have wonderful friends in your life, I pray that you will each come to know wonderful people like Dee and George. Jason and I are so thankful for all of our wonderful friends and family. Remember. We are always taught to love and respect our family, but remember...Family is not only those who share your blood, but also those who share your heart.

Thanks Dee and George. You made our week.

Love,
Jason & Kellee

No comments: