Followers

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Big Announcements AND Videos, Too?!

Hello Friends!  It's been a while, but I have a good excuse!  We found out on January 21st (and kept it quiet till now) that Connor is going to be a big brother!  We are still kinda in shock!  God is SO amazing!  I'm sure you all remember the issues we had getting pregnant with Connor and all the difficulties we went through...but Dr. Thatcher was right - not a single problem this time!  Again...God is SO good!  We had been praying and praying about the right time to have another baby and it came to both of us at the same time and I guess God wasn't waiting around - he was ready for Ratliff Number 2!  How exciting!  I am due to have this second little one on September 21, 2011 (just 6 days before my birthday!)  I'm 8 weeks and 4 days into the pregnancy today!  I had some pain on Thursday and went to the doctor to have everything checked and even got to see a surprise ultrasound of the little one!  It was really amazing!  Unfortunately Jason had meetings all day and could not be there, so Connor was beside me (in his stroller) and saw the very first glimpse of his baby brother or sister with me!  When the ultrasound came on the screen, he began screaming "CHOW" and "VROOM VROOM," and was sad to see it wasn't Cars!!!  Anyway - the doctor said the pregnancy was very healthy and that I was correct on the due date and the point I was at in the pregnancy.  Did I mention how GREAT God is?!  I go to the doctor again on Tuesday to start all the prenatal stuff.  So of course, I'll keep you all posted!

I was wondering what was wrong with me that I have not had many pictures for the blog lately, when I realized that it's probably the fact that we've literally been sick for about 6 weeks now (Poor Connor) and have stayed inside since then due to the extreme cold outside.  So I apologize and assure you that once the weather gets nice again we'll have lots of fun pictures to post!  I finally uploaded the videos from my IPhone onto this blog so I have those all in order also for you to see - None of them are more than a minute and a half long and they let you see some of the new things that Connor is doing, so I thought you'd enjoy them!

This is how Connor and I gave Jason the great news on January 21st!  Thanks to my friend Cascia (another brilliant idea of hers) I bought Connor a big brother shirt and he had it on when Jason got home from work!  Jason was shocked and asked me whose shirt Connor was wearing :)


These are all the tests I took - as you can tell I was totally SHOCKED!


This face says it all!!!  "So Connor, how do you feel about being a big brother?"


This is a video of Connor on 1/26/11 at breakfast!


This is Connor and Harper on 1/28/11


On 2/5, enjoying some fresh blueberry pancakes for breakfast!



Later that day, we went to Ensley's 2nd birthday party at a kid's gym!  Connor had a GREAT time!


This is Connor, playing with Connor :)


Playing with Lucy!  I truly have NO IDEA where he learned to hula hoop, but he picked it up right away and played with it the right way?!  Must be Sesame Street?!


Our first belly pictures of #2!  This is at 7 weeks, 4 days, on 2/6/11!


Unfortunately, this means I'm not running the 10 K next month or the half marathon in October :(  But I'll be back at it and practicing for the 10 K in March of 2012 in NO TIME!


On 2/7/11, we turned on the Disney Channel after dinner and to Connor's DELIGHT, Cars was just starting!  These next 3 videos are HYSTERICAL!  They are each very short and show you how Connor likes to narrate his favorite movie!


On 2/7, "What does the rooster say, Connor?"


Connor on 2/10/11 - this is his new favorite thing to do - help Mommy prepare the bath, after supper!


On 2/11/11 we went to Wallabies with Adriel and Harper!  This is both kids in the little play pit!  This picture cracks me up!  Can you see Harper's legs in there (with the polka dots)?


Connor enjoying the little toddler play area - he gets so full of himself!


And he FINALLY went on the slide!  He LOVED it and we had to go like 50 more times!


This is Connor on 2/12/11 - when he turned 18 MONTHS OLD!  He woke up from his nap doing a new trick :)


Here's Connor this morning, on 2/13, drinking his new favorite "wake up drink"...milk with fresh strawberries and bananas blended in it!  I think this is his "coffee" because he cries until I give hm this when he first wakes up!"


Sorry this was so long and FULL of stuff!  Spring is surely coming soon!  Please pray for our growing family!  We love you all!  And Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow!


No comments: