Followers

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Our Vacation to Florida

Leaving at 3 am is TOUGH, mom!  But SO worth it!

IMG_3553

IMG_3552

First night there, I got to hang out with my favorite miracle, my Uncle Dave!

IMG_3558

On Tuesday we headed over to Plant City (near Tampa) to see Dinosaur World!  This is the view from the “way back” as the boys shared their goldfish on the drive over Winking smile

IMG_3561

Connor, taming the beasts!

IMG_3562

I know, I know…but we had to make them pose here

IMG_3567

Connor had a great time!

IMG_3572

IMG_3575

With Suzie!

IMG_3576

Cole, on the other hand, was traumatized by the animatronic dinosaurs and Jason had to take him outside before he had a panic attack Smile

IMG_3577

Family Shot!

IMG_3579

On the way home, we hit up a beautiful farmers market for some delicious, fresh-picked strawberries, and juicy oranges!

IMG_3581

This half-flat of delicious strawberries was only $2.99 – I was in SHOCK!  Baby 3 LOVED the food in Florida Winking smile

IMG_3583

On Wednesday, 3/6, we headed over to New Smyrna Beach, my favorite beach in Florida!  It was kind of cold, but not for long.  We even had lunch at my favorite seafood dive, JB’s Fish Camp!  Delish!  Here are Connor and Grandma at lunch!

IMG_3590

IMG_3591

Cole’s first look at the ocean!

IMG_3595

“What in the world is this on my feet?!”

IMG_3598

“Oh boy, I can have some fun with this stuff…wonder what mommy will do if I eat a lot of it?”  Umm…yea, he did that….

IMG_3599

Suzie and Cole, walking down the beach, looking at a bird!

IMG_3603

Connor LOVED the sand!

IMG_3606

Cole’s surfing pose…

IMG_3609

IMG_3623

Ratliff #3 at 14 weeks

IMG_3631

IMG_3640

My parents and Suz and I

IMG_3658

3/7 – this is how we found Cole, in my dad’s shoes!

IMG_3665

We headed over to the Nickelodeon Hotel to enjoy the water park with my best friend, Misty and her family!

IMG_3669

It was kind of cold this day (like high of 60) so Connor spend the entire day in the “kiddie” hot tub.  He had a great time “swimming” with his Aunt Misty Smile

IMG_3670

IMG_3674

My best friend since 5th grade! 

IMG_3676

On Friday, 3/8, we headed over to Gators Dockside for some delicious chicken wings with my Uncle Darryl and Dolly!  This is Cole, looking for his wings…

IMG_3679

Connor and Grandpa.  We did not realize at the time that Connor was about to run a 103.6 degree fever and that’s why he wanted to go home and sleep so badly!

IMG_3681

IMG_3682

Beautiful sunset on the lake at Pig on the Pond, a local festival, later that evening!

IMG_3687

IMG_3689

The moment we first realized Cole’s love of “boons”

IMG_3690

Waiting for the hot air balloons to lift off!

IMG_3692

IMG_3693

3/9 - Umm…like I said, little did we know just how attached Cole would be to his “boon.”

IMG_3696

On Saturday, 3/9, we headed up to Ocala to visit with my cousin, Danny, and his family!  The boys just had to try out Danny’s new pool! 

IMG_3699

IMG_3701

My sweet Connor

IMG_3702

IMG_3703

Cousin Kaitlyn, showing Connor how to swim!

IMG_3704

Lucky for us, Danny’s pool was SO WARM!

IMG_3706

Sweet Cousin McKenzie, just 3 weeks younger than Connor Smile

IMG_3707

I love this picture Winking smile

IMG_3710

Celebrating my sweet cousin Holly’s birthday!

IMG_3711

“Nom Nom Nom…”

IMG_3712

Kenzie did NOT like our singing!

IMG_3713

That boy loves him some cake!

IMG_3715

Danny and I

IMG_3717

Connor and Cole with Lisa and McKenzie

IMG_3720

Me and my sweet cousin, Holly, and her brand new baby girl, Ava!  Just 6 weeks old!

IMG_3722

On Sunday, 3/10, the plan was to spend the day at Suzie’s house.  Unfortunately, this is when my dad began having problems with his kidney stone so he and my mom spend the day in the ER.  This is me and Suzie’s kitty, Dooley!

IMG_3726

Uncle Dave!!

IMG_3727

Suzie, Dave, and Cassie and Jim

IMG_3738

Dillon…and for some reason la-la?

IMG_3741

Me and my sweet Dakota!

IMG_3746

Suzanne and I

IMG_3748

This was right before we left.  We headed home on 3/11.  It was an amazing week in Florida, filled with family and sunshine – what could possibly be better than that?!  Oh yeah, and a delicious grouper sandwich and lots of Publix wraps…Can’t wait to do it again next year!

Tuesday, I had to get Cole a new “boon” as he was heartbroken at the loss of his from the festival!

IMG_3755

Please keep my dad in your prayers.  As I write this, he has now been in the hospital since Sunday (it is Thursday) and has been left to suffer and is now also suffering from pulmonary edema.  Lucky for us, my cousin, Danny, (see previous pictures) is a Nurse Practitioner and has headed down to Clermont to “set them straight.”  We would really appreciate all of your prayers!

No comments: