Followers

Sunday, March 18, 2012

My First 10K–Chasing Snakes

3-17-12

Well, despite having to take the last 3 weeks off, at the gym, due to a c.diff infection…I was still able to run the 10 K with Adriel!  I was a bit concerned, as I had not run 6.2 miles in about 7 years and my training schedule had gone by the wayside with the illness.  However, I ran the 6.2 miles on Thursday and knew that at least I could do it.  Adriel and I were trying to finish before an hour, but alas, we completed the 6.2 miles (running at about an average of 9.56 mph) in 1:01:43.  It was AWESOME!  And did I mention there are a LOT of hills toward the end of the race?  SHEW!  Before the race, the local paper, the Johnson City Press, interviewed me Smile  You can see my quote on this link and you can also see the video of me talking about the race. Here  WOW – celebrity?  I mean…come on!  Smile  Just kidding – just grateful I was able to run the entire thing!  Can’t wait for the next race…Adriel wants me to do an 11 mile race in Surgoinsville next Saturday, but I’m not sure I’m up to running that distance!  We’ll see Smile

No comments: